Terms and Conditions
(last update on October 1, 2019)
Area of application
The terms and conditions contained in this document will apply to the relationship between the visitor (hereinafter called “Client”) and the A CASA DO PEREGRINO hotel from the moment the reservation is requested until the date the accommodation period ends. at the hotel.
In that in which the Terms and Conditions do not refer, the Portuguese law in force will apply.
II. Conclusion of the contract
1. When requesting a room reservation, the Client makes an accommodation proposal to A CASA DO PEREGRINO. If rooms are available, A CASA DO PEREGRINO will provide the Client with a reservation code.
2. The Client is informed that room reservations at the A CASA DO PEREGRINO hotel that are made by third parties (tour operators or online room reservation portals) imply the issuance of a reservation code other than the one issued directly by A CASA DO PEREGRINO, although it is equally valid.
3. Room reservation requests made directly to A CASA DO PEREGRINO or through third parties are not binding and do not oblige A CASA DO PEREGRINO to enter into a contract with the Client. A CASA DO PEREGRINO always has the right to refuse to enter into a contract and provide a room at its sole discretion.
4. A CASA DO PEREGRINO only guarantees the Client the availability of a room in the reserved category and not the provision of a specific hotel room.
III. Type of reservations and their cancellation
1. At the A CASA DO PEREGRINO hotel, the Client may make two types of reservations, “simple” reservations and “guaranteed” reservations.
2. The Simple Reservation is the reservation of a room in a hotel A CASA DO PEREGRINO in which it is not necessary for the Client to make any prior payment or provide a means of payment.
3. The Guaranteed Reservation is the reservation of a room in a hotel A CASA DO PEREGRINO in which there is the supply, by the Client, of the valid and complete data of a credit card, or the reservation accompanied by the sending of a proof of bank transfer of the entire value of the reserved accommodation.
4. The Simple Reservation can be freely canceled by the Client, without any cost, until 4:00 p.m. on the day of the reservation.
5. The Simple Reservation will expire automatically if the Client does not show up at the hotel until 4:00 p.m. on the day of the reservation, in which case A CASA DO PEREGRINO can immediately provide the reserved room to any other Client without the Client making the reservation may claim any compensation from A CASA DO PEREGRINO for any title whatsoever.
6. The Guaranteed Reservation may be freely canceled by the Client until 4:00 p.m. on the day of the reservation, at no cost, without prejudice to the specific conditions for the periods of fairs and special events provided in section XVIII.
7. If the guaranteed Reservation is canceled in accordance with the previous number and the Client has already made the payment of the value – in the terms of the provisions of the final part of number 3 of this clause – the A CASA DO PEREGRINO will restore the paid values.
8. In the event that the request for cancellation of the guaranteed reservation is made after 4 pm, the Client will be charged the value of the room for that day, leaving the reservation without effect on the day immediately to follow. The same principle applies if the Client does not show up on the day of the Reservation without having the reservation he made canceled in due time.
IV. Arrival and departure
1. A CASA DO PEREGRINO will provide the Client with a room of the category reserved from the date of arrival or, if the Client has not made the reservation and hires the accommodation at the hotel reception, depending on the category intended and According to hotel availability, starting at 2:00 p.m. and no later than 5:00 p.m. on the day of entry into the hotel.
2. Upon arrival at the hotel, the Client must immediately precede the payment of the value of the room, the number of nights of stay and additional services.
3. Against the total payment of the value, A CASA DO PEREGRINO will provide the Client with an access code to the room that will be valid during the contracted period of stay.
4. On the departure date the Client will have to leave the room unoccupied of people and goods and without any damage until 12 noon.
5. In the event that the room is not left until 12 noon on the day of departure, compensation corresponding to the value of a one-night stay at the hotel will be charged immediately, with only the right to use the room in that period if the hotel has room availability. Otherwise you will have to pay the compensation and leave the room as soon as possible.
1. The accommodation of animals in the A CASA DO PEREGRINO hotel is expressly prohibited.
2. The introduction by the Client of animals in the hotel will allow A CASA DO PEREGRINO to immediately terminate the contract with the Client and force him to leave the hotel without the amounts paid for the room being returned to him during the contracted period of stay. .
1. Only the people indicated in the accommodation reservation will have the right to use the hotel room.
2. Clients should treat the hotel room with care and consideration.
3. The Client must treat the other clients of the hotel with consideration and respect the hotel rules posted in the same and, where appropriate, which are also part of the accommodation contract.
4. The Client is not allowed to cook food brought, either in the hotel room or in any other place of the hotel facilities.
5. Children under the age of 14 must be supervised by an adult Client at all times during their stay at the hotel.
6. The Client is strongly recommended not to keep or leave without any money, jewelry, valuables or other valuable items left in the hotel room or in vehicles parked at A CASA DO PEREGRINO.
7. A CASA DO PEREGRINO offers its Clients a central hotel safe in which they can store valuables, provided that they are duly identified in a document for this purpose.
8. A CASA DO PEREGRINO does not assume any responsibility in the event of theft, loss or deterioration of valuables such as money, jewelry or other objects of considerable value if such events take place in the hotel room or inside vehicles parked in the parking lot.
VII. Access to the hotel room by A CASA DO PEREGRINO
A CASA DO PEREGRINO and its staff have the right to enter the hotel room, during the Client’s stay, in order to carry out cleaning, repair and similar work.
VIII. Value of the stay and other prices
1. The value of the stay to be paid by the Client constitutes the compensation for the availability of the use of the hotel room, in the period from arrival to departure.
2. The total price of the stay will be charged per night, regardless of whether the Client has actually used the room or has spent the night there.
3. The applicable rates are the agreed prices or the price indicated in the price list of the A CASA DO PEREGRINO in force on the date of conclusion of the contract. A CASA DO PEREGRINO will have the right to increase or decrease the values if a period of more than four months elapses between the reservation date by the Client and the arrival date or if any tax, visitor’s contribution or other commissions are changed or entered.
4. VAT is added to the rates or values indicated in the terms and in the accommodation contract, unless expressly stated otherwise.
IX. Payment terms
1. The value of the stay and the prices of additional services must be paid in advance, when the Client arrives at the hotel, regardless of the billing date.
2. If the duration of the Client’s stay is not detailed, the price of the stay and the values of the additional services for each night must be paid until 12 noon.
3. In the case of stays without a detailed departure date, the failure to pay the price of the stay and additional services in the terms established in the previous number determines the immediate termination of the contract and the Client is immediately obliged to leave the room and deliver it to A CASA DO PEREGRINO without people or property and in good condition.
4. The fees for additional services, in the meaning of number 1, will be, for example, amounts related to parking or breakfast prices, and other amounts that are not expressly mentioned in the accommodation contract, which are part of the value of the stay .
5. A CASA DO PEREGRINO accepts payment in euros, transfers, CE Maestro, Visa Electron and credit cards: Visa and MasterCard. Other means of payment are only allowed in exceptional cases, with the consent sometimes given by A CASA DO PEREGRINO.
X. Claims for material defects
1. The Client must inspect the hotel room upon arrival and immediately report any defects that he may find at the hotel reception.
2. Any defect that appears during the stay must be communicated at the hotel reception so that the Client is aware of it.
3. In the event that it is verified that there is indeed a defect in the Client’s room, A CASA DO PEREGRINO has the right to choose between repairing and relocating the Client in a room that has at least the same category contracted with the client.
4. For the aforementioned purposes, only serious defects capable of jeopardizing the level of service and quality of A CASA DO PEREGRINO are considered, and A CASA DO PEREGRINO is not obliged to take measures in the case of complaints. irrelevant, unreasonable or that have to do with details that do not conflict with the minimum level of service contracted.
5. In the event that A CASA DO PEREGRINO does not have the necessary means to repair the relevant defect or to replace the Client’s room with another of a similar or higher category, the Client may only terminate the contract and receive the amount he paid. for the room, not being able to demand anything more from A CASA DO PEREGRINO by any title whatsoever.
XI. Responsibility on the part of A CASA DO PEREGRINO
1. A CASA DO PEREGRINO will only be responsible for damages or losses of the Client when such situations result from the culpable action of A CASA DO PEREGRINO.
2. A CASA DO PEREGRINO does not assume any responsibility for loss of data provided by the Client in the case of electronic transmission of payment data, being only responsible if there is a culpable action.
3. A CASA DO PEREGRINO does not assume any responsibility for damages or accidents that occur inside the room or any other part of the hotel, except if these accidents are caused by the culpable action of A CASA DO PEREGRINO.
4. A CASA DO PEREGRINO will not be held liable to the Client in case of delay in room availability, even if there are valid reasons for the timely non-availability of the room.
5. For the purposes of the previous number, valid reasons will be considered for the impossibility or more difficult availability of a room, for example, strikes, blockades, natural disasters, accidents in the room or in the hotel.
6. In case of delay in the availability of the room beyond 4 pm on the day of the reservation, the Client can freely rescind the contract without having the right to demand any compensation from A CASA DO PEREGRINO for any title whatsoever.
7. A CASA DO PEREGRINO does not assume any responsibility for acts carried out by any hotel worker, unless he or she is in his normal working period, duly identified and uniformed like any other worker in the company.
8. A CASA DO PEREGRINO does not assume any responsibility nor may in any case be held responsible for the breach of accessory obligations.
9. A CASA DO PEREGRINO may not in any case be held responsible for the action or omission of any other Client, even if this is liable to cause damages to another Client of the hotel. All and any damages caused to third parties by Hotel Clients will be the sole responsibility of these and totally unrelated to A CASA DO PEREGRINO.
10. A CASA DO PEREGRINO does not assume responsibility towards the Client for any lost profits or indirect damages even if they result from the breach of the main obligation.
XII. Notification duty
In the event of theft or property damage or, in the event of fire, water damage or other damage to the hotel room, the Client must immediately inform the hotel staff and do everything possible to assist in the resolution. theft or repair of the damage.
XIV. Termination of the accommodation contract
1. A CASA DO PEREGRINO has the right to terminate the accommodation contract in the event that the Client does not pay the price in full and on time at the time he must do so or does not provide the required guarantee.
2. The Client may notify the termination of the accommodation contract during their stay at any time until 7:00 p.m., so that it takes effect from 12 noon the following day.
3. Any of the contracting parties may summarily terminate the accommodation contract for just cause.
4. A CASA DO PEREGRINO will have the right to immediately terminate the accommodation contract for just cause if the Client has any behavior that affects the healthy coexistence, calm or hygiene of the hotel, especially if the Client during their stay at the hotel is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, using the room for prostitution practices, acting offensively towards hotel staff or other hotel clients, disturbing the peace of other hotel clients or, in the past, has done Malicious false bookings and / or damaged or destroyed the hotel or its facilities.
XV. Data Protection
1. The Client is informed that their personal data will be stored and processed by A CASA DO PEREGRINO and are made available to companies associated with A CASA DO PEREGRINO and selected service providers, in accordance with the Law, for purposes execution of the contract, for services to the Client and for their own advertising campaigns.
2. The Client grants A CASA DO PEREGRINO the right to use associated companies and selected service providers to carry out data processing and the right to transmit said personal data under this section to companies that allow them to store and process.
3. The Client has the right to object at any time to the use of personal data for publicity purposes, for which he must demonstrate his intention in writing to A CASA DO PEREGRINO.
4. Unless there is legislation to the contrary, the Client’s personal data must be discarded when the accommodation contract ends and the legal retention periods have expired.
5. Full details of the data protection policy can be obtained from Hotel A CASA DO PEREGRINO C / Cultura Nº2 A Estrada
XVI. General disposition
1. The terms and conditions fully regulate the Client’s stay at the hotel and their use of the room.
2. No verbal agreement is reached in the accommodation contract and all alterations to the contract between the parties will necessarily have to be in the written document and signed by both, except in the case of a unilateral declaration, in which case they must be included in the document. writing signed by the issuer.
3. A CASA DO PEREGRINO will have the right to have third parties to fulfill their obligations under and within the scope of the accommodation contract.
4. The invalidity of one or more of the previous provisions does not affect the validity of the other provisions. The invalid provision will be replaced by the valid provision, the closest of the commercial and legal intentions of the parties or, if this is not possible, by the Portuguese legislation in force.
XVII. Special conditions for group reservations
1. The term “group” means the reservation of at least 10 rooms by a group of people traveling or staying together. The “group” is bound, in addition to the general obligations, to the fulfillment of the obligations of this clause.
2. The group must appoint a spokesperson to A CASA DO PEREGRINO (“leader”).
3. The “leader” must deliver to A CASA DO PEREGRINO, before arriving at the hotel, a complete list with the detailed identification, address and mobile contact of each member of the group.
4. When making a reservation, the leader will receive a reservation confirmation from A CASA DO PEREGRINO, containing the details of the reservation made together with the check-in data and the data to guarantee the reservation and all other conditions of payment.
5. Group reservations are always automatically guaranteed reservations, as defined in clause III3.
6. The group must pay the total amount of the expenses of the stay by bank transfer to the bank account of A CASA DO PEREGRINO indicated in the reservation confirmation or notified by A CASA DO PEREGRINO to the leader at the conclusion of the reservation . The group will fully reimburse A CASA DO PEREGRINO for any expenses due to external transfers, most of all upon arrival at the hotel.
7. The group’s stay, including fees for complementary services, as stated in numbers 1 and 4 of clause IX must be paid in advance, with 50% of the payment made one month before and the remaining 50% fifteen days before the date of arrival of the group to the hotel, in both cases, regardless of the billing date.
8. The group can cancel the reservation without any expense 15 days in advance of the date of entry into the hotel, and A CASA DO PEREGRINO must, in that case, restore to the group all the values paid in the meantime.
9. If the cancellation is made at least 7 days in advance, the value of one night’s stay in each of the reserved rooms will be charged and if the cancellation is made less than 7 days in advance, A CASA DO PEREGRINO will charge to the group the total value of the reserved stay.
10. A CASA DO PEREGRINO will reserve hotel rooms in the agreed category or with the agreed facilities for the group on the arrival date according to availability, in general from 2:00 p.m., but in any case, at the latest until 3:00 p.m. 17 hours.
11. A CASA DO PEREGRINO will have the right to demand a deposit from the leader of € 500 per group at the time of the group’s arrival at the hotel, which will be kept as a guarantee.
12. The group must receive the invoice for the stay, which will be delivered to the leader.
XVIII. Special conditions for dates of fairs and special events
1. A CASA DO PEREGRINO must inform the Client regarding the dates of fairs and special events at any time of the request and in any case, at the latest on the date of the reservation or arrival. The following information applies to the dates of trade shows and special events, notwithstanding, or in addition to, the above provisions:
2. Guaranteed reservations will only be accepted for long stays. Reservations of only one night will not be allowed.
3. The payment conditions in clause XVII.7 apply with the necessary alterations.
4. Clause XVII.8 applies with the necessary adaptations to cancellations and alterations in the duration of stays, room categories or number of rooms.